A blog to share thoughts, experiences and feelings, not to mention the history of a gay mormon who just happens to have been married, gay or bisexual (depending on your definition) and is experiencing a whole new world right now...
Sunday, April 3, 2011
My desire to "reboot" the computer called life
Lately I've had quite the desire to "reboot" the computer called my life. I don't mean I want a new life, new set of challenges etc. What I really feel like is that I want a fresh start on career, place of residence, and to some degree--"encumbrances." Where does this come from? I think it comes from the challenges I've dealt with in the last few years. Though i love my home, and many friends and neighbors, and have usually enjoyed my career and things I have been involved in--it all comes with a price which sometimes we just don't feel like paying. Or its the thought of dealing with "paying" part of the price I haven't paid, meaning I have very little desire today to "out" myself to the broader community, clients or those I'm associated with at work. Escape, restart, or just push on. They all come with prices...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You and me both...
ReplyDeleteA few years ago I decided to "reboot" my life. I moved away, took a new job, and started my life completely over. It was the single most difficult decision I have made in life and was almost unbearably hard. But it's been a few years and I can honestly say that I can't imagine life any other way. I have a new career, great group of friends, and am very content. (Disclaimer: like with most infomercials, results may not be typical...)
ReplyDeleteSuper-Duper site! I am loving it!! Will come back again â taking your RSS feeds also, Thanks.
ReplyDeletearoma essential oils
I hope you manage to do it. I'm in the process of planning a move for that very same reason. I sometimes like to say "I can't take Provo any longer," but it's not true. I've taken it for 3 years and it's really not that bad of a place. But if there's someplace I could be happier, I want to be there instead. And yes, I'd be giving up free rent and the nice low criminal activity rates, but it's a price I'm willing to pay at this point.
ReplyDeleteI think many of us can relate to your feelings. Do a "soft boot"
ReplyDelete