Friday, May 21, 2010

Why do Newspapers print this stuff?

My friends, things like this piss me off. Letters to the editor calling us immoral and comparing us to murderers. This letter to the editor appeared in the Provo Daily Herald today.

http://heraldextra.com/news/opinion/mailbag/article_6b5b1556-27bb-5bad-82d8-bdbbd25cff06.html

Take the time to go online and post a comment. Let them know that we will be heard, one way or another.

I believe you do have to register in order to make the comment.

3 comments:

  1. And thus is the reason to get out of Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes newspapers print it to cause a controversy and ramp up the discussion, like the article from last week's Newsweek about whether or not gay actors can play straight roles. (http://www.newsweek.com/id/236999) Interestingly, the follow-up to that article has been quite amazing in the support of gay actors.

    However, in this case, I don't believe this was the case. I just think that it was a small Utah paper that was happy to get ANY letters to the editor because their circulations are tanking and the bar has been incredibly lowered. Plus the whole Utah thing, too.

    ReplyDelete