Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Always listening, but do others listen to me?

I spend my days listening to people it seems. I do more psychology than anyone who isn't a psychologist should. I ask a lot of questions, get a lot of answers, and help people. The pattern doesn't seem to end when work ends. I notice it in my encounters with people when in other situations too. I listen, they talk.

Today the thought kept creeping in: Am I so uninteresting no one ever asks much in the other direction?

Haven't received an answer yet....

5 comments:

  1. Some people seem to be natural-born therapists, even if they only play one on the internet! :-) Ever had a total stranger pour their heart out to you 5 minutes after meeting them?

    What is it you want people to ask from you and most important, and are you really willing to trade places and share what's on your mind?
    Hugs,Miguel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the club! The same thing happens to me a lot. I just consider it one of the talents I was blessed with (the listening part). I have no doubt I must be boring to others :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest sometimes I'm not ready to trade and share. I tend to be kind of private. Sometimes, you want people to try. You want they to have interest in you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog helps me to "listen" to you as you are ready to "trade and share". Keep sharing and we'll keep listening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a therapist, Joe. If you wanna talk, I'll listen -- no charge.

    ReplyDelete