December was significant for me because I got my driver’s license. I suddenly had complete freedom, though limited by gas money. I drove my dad’s Chevy around town, burning up gas. Most kids my age had cars at their disposal. That was just the way of life in our small town. Chris was a couple months younger than me, so he had to wait—which meant I became designated driver of sorts.
Summer came, I found myself working spraying weeds for subcontractor that mowed various properties. I was one of 3 young men who got the task. I think I sprayed more weed killer than anyone ever should. One of the guys was kind of good looking, tan, long blond 80’s hair. I just didn’t quite “fit” with the other guy’s personality. Hardly knew them since they lived in another town.
I went to scout camp one last time that summer. I and Chris were the “older guys” with lots of 12, 13 year olds there. One night we were in a tent, doing the magazine thing. Christ had recently lost his virginity, so he had gained status among us. The boys were enamored with the story, and somebody asked how big we were. They soon found out, and we were soon all jacking off together.
Junior year was somewhat different. My sister had graduated and was off at college. Most of my play time was with two of my friends that were a couple. The church was becoming a bigger part of my life, influencing more of my decisions. In particular, it seemed to slow me down in terms of taking physical action.
Football was a lot of fun that year. I was aggressive, and good sized. Chris was playing too, on the JV team with me. We had to be the grunt squad for the starters, which wasn’t usually too fun. One afternoon though, I pushed an offensive lineman out the way and crucified the cocky running back. He was so pissed. He went back to the huddle and was yelling “who let him through.” It was a mental high. Football practices ended with showers, and this was the year I gained a nickname I didn’t want. I loved to be in that shower, talking with the guys, and I found that I couldn’t resist comparing myself to them and checking out their bodies. One of them, a senior, was about 5’9”, and despite being short in height, was something else in length. He used to grab it and tell everyone to look at his enormous unit, which he would then swing around. but I knew by this point I liked the scenery...
I just read your comment on another blog and found yours. I look forward to hearing your story.
ReplyDelete